This Digital Sensors training course enables learners to install, set-up and fault-find a comprehensive range of digital sensors wired to PLC input cards.
Who should attend
Maintenance and Process technicians
Why should I attend
All fault messages are triggered by sensors or combinations of sensors giving signals outside performance requirements. With a fault message you can always ask, “what sensor triggered the fault”. Knowing how to setup and adjust sensors is a must-have skill for anyone working with automated equipment.
AT THE END OF THE COURSE learners WILL BE ABLE TO:
- Wire NPN, PNP and 2-wire sensors to PLC input cards
- Explain the sensing principle of the following list of sensors: Inductive, capacitive, thru beam fibre optic, diffuse, retro-reflective.
- Follow a logical procedure for adjusting the sensitivity for robust stable sensing for the listed sensors.
- Interpret the meaning of the two indicating Led’s when fault-finding.
- Setup optical sensors for LO or DO operation.
- Setup Digital pressure/vacuum switches for window and hysteresis switching.
Wire, setup, adjust sensitivity and fault-find with all listed sensors
Survey application specific examples
This course is currently only offered as an in-house course but contact us if you have any queries about this or any other course.