PAT Testing is a legal requirement for employers & is being enforced by HSA and others. This 1-day course provides an overview of the legal requirements; the tests involved and related equipment.
On completion of this 1 Day PAT Training course, you will have a very good understanding of:
- the legal requirements for Portable Appliance Testing to comply with all current Health & Safety legislation
- the electrical risks involved and what is involved in carrying out the practical inspection and testing of electrical equipment
- the administrative responsibilities for the maintenance of electrical equipment
Our PAT Training Course syllabus is comprehensive and includes the following topics:
- What is PAT Testing?
- Code of Practice
- Why Test?
- Legislation – an overview of Statutory Instrument 299 of 2007 & its requirements of employers and organisations.
- Who can carry out PAT Testing?
- What is a competent person?
- Duty of Care
- Initial Safety Checks
- Equipment Classification
- Good Housekeeping & Visual Inspections
- Earth Bond Test
- Insulation Test
- Functional Test
- Polar Test (Leads)
ASSESSMENT & CERTIFICATION
On passing both a theory & practical exam you will be issued with PAT Training Certification valid for 5 years.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
Any Engineer responsible for safety in their workplace or safety for their clients. There are specific legal requirements for employers to test all the portable electrical equipment in the workplace.
WHAT IS NEEDED TO ATTEND
All course paperwork and testing equipment is provided.